Environmental report 2011
Environmental report 2011
-Message from the President-
The Great East Japan earthquake, occurred last March, brought not only earthquake disasters but also environmental damages, such as radiation damages caused by the nuclear accidents. It seems highly possible that the disaster causes economic structural changes in Japan. In order to maintain a viable environment for every creature on the earth, we must strive to improve the environment seriously on a global-level.
We recognize decreasing an environmental loads and leaving the comfortable global environment for future generations through daily activities as one of the most important business challenges. I herein inform you of the result and status of environmental preservation activity in 2011.
June 8th, 2012
Futaku Precision Machinery Industry Company
President Ryozo Futaku
The content and the achievement of environmental preservation activities in 2011
|Goals for environment
|Specific policies||Target value||Result value||Achievement
|Reduction in Genaral Waste
(3% reduction from the national average result in 2010)
|1. Promotion of recycling newspapers which subcontractors use to wrap products
2. Disposition of quality records in a collecting box
3. Disposition of Paper cups used for vending machines in a collecting box
4.waste separate collection
(1% reduction of water use from the use from 2008 to 2010) Per sales of 1 millionyen (㎥/M\)
|1. Posting “Water Saving” notice around faucets
2. Preventing wasting use during activities
|Chemical Substances (dichloromethane) 1% reduction in the amount used of chemical substances (Comparison of the average numbers from 2008 to 2010) Per sales of a million yen Unit (L/M\)||1. Improvement of detergent products
2.Educational training of clean-up method
3. Posting up a notice of a target value and achievement status
|Beautification Activities within/around factories(once per month)||1. Conducting beautification activities within/around factories (clean-up, weeding)||12||12||100％||A|
|Conducting an environmental event(more than once per year)||1.Planning/conducting environmental events||+1||2||100%||A|
Some examples of specific environment improvement activities ~Excerpt～
- We implemented some constructions for energy saving purpose from September, 2011 to February, 2012. We changed mercury lamps to LED ceiling lights, and bought air-conditioning systems with some energy saving functions.
- Regarding water use, we conducted “Saving Water” campaign such as putting some stickers around faucets, and reported how much we used water to our employees on monthly basis.
- In order to reduce the use of chemical substances such as dichloromethane, we asked our subcontractors to stop re-cleaning process, check cleaning condition, and set a target value of monthly detergent use.
- We conducted monthly cleaning activities within/around factories.
- In order to make our employees recognize environmental preservation, we implemented environmental events and everyone picked trash up around factories, and posted “Environment Month” notice.
- In addition, we tried to reduce packing materials.
Status of compliance, litigations, and complaints
About environment related regulations, we investigated which regulations we need to obey, and checked if everyone follows them. In addition, we submitted the report of environment preservation activities. Then, we did not receive any complaints nor litigations from other organizations and citizens.